Send Topic Print
Team History (Read 4485 times)
kamkor
Global Moderator

Soul to Soul

Poland
Team History
Jan 5th, 2005 at 5:08pm

The idea of starting Saiko D came up after I left Akina Speedstars(2004 february I think). Since the beginning I wanted to have only highly skilled members, and ofcourse cool mates at the same time. So the research started. At the beginning I've only talked about it with Moregore and Kyousai.
/*Offtopic*/ At that time I was really driving a loooooot with Moregore, our driving style was/is very similar, so driving with eachother was a great fun and as well, it improved our skills greatly. What's more, We've made some footage for my promo movie. As you can see in this clip, footage is great and we did these drifts in like only 30-50 mins.. /*The End Offtopic*/

When my promo movie was done(April 2004) the team was almost ready for a start. Members were prepared as well: me, Moregore, StanleyCarter, Tommypl, Kyousai, Wursti, Killer K. Everything was very well planned, We just needed a skin and Bunta made one for us, it was the yellow version. And then 5th of may came, the team was officially formed. After a short while We've challenged(Drift battle - the one who finnishes first - wins) team SWC, it was fun. We've won the battle, but it wasn't such a good battle, because I've also gripped the chicane, which was my bad, there were also other problems and because of that I don't consider it as a challenge that We've won or lost. But still, it was great fun and the excitement I had while driving was big. 

After some time, Bunta has made new skin for us, a white one, it was awesome. At the end of may, We've started the Saiko D Demo Movie Project. The results could be seen on 11 of june 2004, it turned out greatly. Personally I think that the movie was very cool and it has also helped the team in gaining some popularity.

And then, something that nobody expected has happend, 2004 Idx D1 Gp Competition was annouced. Me, Moregore, Stanley and Wursti joined. On 27th of june it was time for the qualifying round, all of us who joined showed there, except Wursti. And We've all qualifed to the next stage, which was held on the beginning of july. Eleven competitors participated and only six qualifed to the semi-finals. Me, Moregore, Stanley, Ns»Driver, Ns»speFcXial and -BaCkFiRe-. Unfortunally none of us made it to the final round. The competition was won by Ns>>SpefCxial and -BaCkFiRe was second. To read more about this competition visit this site

During some time, Bunta has made next skin template, the grey one. Later Moregore, Wursti and KillerK decided to move to the grip scene and left the team. Moregore and Wursti joined Fair Automobile club and KillerK became a single racer. It was quite a dissappointment but we all wished them luck in their new goals.

While the time was passing, Saiko D was preparing drift competition. It was annouced in the middle of august. The competiton was seperated in three rounds. For the first and second round server was hosted at the morning and at the evening, so it was more 'timezone friendly'. These two rounds were quite interesting, because competitors didn't have any info about track layouts, when they joined the server, they had two trial runs for practice and later one real run. Furthermore, We've chosed not very popular tracks, so skills did matter more than 'track knowledge'. It was part of Fe Green track and a part of SO Long track. The final round was held on BL Rev track. Twin drift skills were important. Only four of eight finalists showed, so that round didn't take much time and we soon had the winner, Ns>>Driver!  For results check this site and for interview with Driver this one.
/*Offtopic*/ I want to say thanks to all competitors who participated, to SpefCxial for hosting the server, to Idx Admins for hosting competition forums, to my team mates for helping and to all others, that I forget. /*Offtopic*/

After Saiko D Drift Competition, team calmed down, We've driven less in lfs but still talked a lot, in that time I was slowly preparing plans for s2. The december of 2004 came, we've recruited two new bloods, Chris and Drift)(treme, which are both very skilled. Bunta has also made a new skin for Chris/us, a blue one. Now it's january, We have real plans for s2. New member and pretty big changes.. 

Saiko D participated in D^S Drift ShowOff Competition Event 2005(January). Four saiko d members joined it, me(kamkor), Stanley, Chris and )(treme. All of us advanced to Best 8 and three of us to Best 4(Me, Stanley, )(treme). Competition was won by )(treme. A few mins later we had big party on saiko d server and in a next few days I've created a little video in d1gp style, which was showing how we drifted in this event, it was called: "Saiko D at D^S Drift Showoff Competition Event 2005".

It is 12.02.2005, team ex-leader and one of Saiko D founders come backs to the team. We have now five senior members and two fresh bloods in a team, did Saiko D got stronger that we expected? S2 will show..

It's been a few months since I wrote something. First of all, I will talk about positive things that happend in Saiko D. SAi has won D1GP.tk 1st round, S2 demo was released, so we moved there from S1. Stanley has made new skins for Saiko D and I have made little S2 movie. And on top of that, we are getting closer to our first annivessary - 5th of may. SAi has also gotten more serious about racing, he managed to do 1:28:55 time on his 7th day of racing. A new growth in Saiko D...
There were not so happy moments going on too. Chris left the team and later TommyPL follewed, because of his retirement from games - university, real life cars etc.

On 5th of may 2005 Saiko D had its First Anniversery and on that day we have released our new skinpack done by Stanley with help of Nuvolari and TNDa. Later Stanley competed in Demo D1GP.tk round 2 qualifing and qualified with score 9, while Sai advanced as a former champion and a seeder of D1GP.tk. Three members of our team has also joined LFS Torque Sprint Series, me(kamkor), Stanley and Sai. Soon after, me(kamkor) and Stan have also joined Clean Racers Club.

Finally summer.. Finnaly it is june.. A month that brought good things to the team. First of all Chris C. has made new skins for us and just about few days later TommyPL has returned back. We were also working hard on our new movie "Saiko D R-Evolution" that was released in the mid-june. Furthermore, moregore became more active and soon after has made pretty fast pb on bl with gtt - 1:28:20. Too bad that he will be going to army in july tho, but even then, he will be still playing lfs with us on his 'breaks'. And the last thing.. Stanley has moved to other appartament and does not have good internet connection at the moment, but even with those problems he has brought great present to us, team mates - great sigs with customly drawed characters! Cheesy

last update: 19th of June 2005.

IP Logged

kamkor
Global Moderator

Soul to Soul

Poland
Re: Team History
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2005 at 2:14pm

It is now August 2005, a lot had happened during the past few months, first of all, Saiko D has recruited a new member, previously known as RS-R DriftDancer, now he is know as [Saiko^D]Dancer.  Dancer is a cool and friendly guy and the team is grateful to have him on board, not only that, Sai has been training him well, and he's getting better and better.  Then there's the return of Stanley Carter, the two months without LFS online gaming finally forced Stanly to moved back to his previous apartment, and now he's back in action again.  With the return of Stanley and the new recruitement of Dancer, the team had issued a team meeting on July, and with a little surprise, Moregore was there as well, the meeting were a lot of fun, though it wasn't too smooth because of the lag, and it also shows that, Saiko D has a lot more to work on in S2.  The good things just kept on happening as KamkoR was on fire making awesome movies non-stop, first there was Out of Control, then the IGP exhibition round(Won by Sai) video, oh and did I just mentioned IGP? yep, the long awaited IGP has also made its first round appearance on 13rd August, and Saiko D is just rocking the competition, with four of Saiko D members (KamkoR, StaN, Sai, Dancer) participating, three of them advanced to top 8 but Dancer, Sai was determined to maintain his winning streak champion title, but apparently he couldn't make it for his runs due to some external issues.  Saiko D as always, had done it again as Stanley and KamkoR both fought their way to the finals, in the end, Stan won the IGP round 1, and KamkoR came 2nd, its a big victory for Saiko D.

October, with IGP Round 2 running on WestHill, Stanley and KamkoR once again successfully made their way to the top 16, Cobalt Blue won the competition with StaN ending up at 2nd place, and Kam on 5th.  Saiko D demo movie II is now officially in progress, as usual, KamkoR will be in charge of the this new movie project.  While KamkoR is busy with Saiko D demo movie II, Stanley and Dancer had teamed up together to come up with new signatures, with Stanley's custom drawn manga characters , combined with Dancer's great photoshop skills, the signatures turned out to be marvelous.  The team is now growing strong, with new blood Dancer in the team, we have been making team meets and pushing ourselves to the very limit.  With that said, Saiko D Drift Competition 2005 is also in its planning stage, it is scheduled to be up and running at the end of this year.

December of 2005, Saiko D Drift Competition 2005 was held and it was a success.  With newly integrated rules and judging system, the event showed the true effort from the organisers to come up with a good competition for the Torque community.  Kaitea from Japan took the crown and was name the Champion of the competition, he was also recruited and is now a formal member of Saiko D.  On year 2006, Stanley participated in the AAL drift competition series, doing his best to bring back more trophies for the team.  On March, Stanley also helped team ADA for being one of the three judges for the ADA drift competition.  On the other hand, Saiko D's greatest leader, KamkoR had decided to leave the team.  Stanley took over Kamkor's position and is now leading the team.  In the mean time, Toni (previously from Dorifto Kids and Top Secret) was also recruited, and Kyousai is out of the team as well due to his priorities in life.  While some of the seniors of Saiko D have left the team, some new guns were recruited.  The team is moving on to a new generation, and it will continue to grow and stay strong as it is.

IP Logged

Diesel
Global Moderator

the Netherlands
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2005 at 2:18pm

Not boring at all, it's a great read. Although I think I've read it before. Tongue

IP Logged

Stanley Carter
Administrator

Saiko D Drifter

Malaysia
Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2005 at 2:23pm

yep, we've come a long way....

time to bring Saiko D to S2  Wink

...&&Feel the Groove, Saiko D Power...&&...
WWW Stanley Carter 105629652 wongtiingyew  
IP Logged

SAi
Weekend Racer

KAKUDO MANJI POWAH!!

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2005 at 5:33pm

Amazing story written by KamkoR once again........hmm guess u love to write these kind of shits eh kam? =)

S2 is almost here.....and we really need to talk about the plans for the near future......

anywayz.......keep it sideways SAIKO^D

[SAIKO^D]SAi»&&SimulationX Memorial Day Miniature Drift Competition Champion&&IGP Exhibition Round Champion&&D1GP.tk Round 1 Champion &&D^S Drift Showoff Competition Event 2005 Champion&&...&&SAIKO^D POWAHH!!

IP Logged

Kyousai

Princess feels good!

In the shower... (Holland!)
Reply #5 - Jan 7th, 2005 at 3:39pm

Nice work writing the history kamkor!

But really, by the time S3 comes around the corner... this history post will be huge.. and you will be an historian !!

Kyousai says: 'gets fantasies of a movie -cough-or anime-cough- based on the Saiko D team's history.. released.. somewhere in the future.. when we all have kids'

errr.. yea.. S2, here we come!

Charging mah lawnmower

IP Logged

kamkor
Global Moderator

Soul to Soul

Poland
Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 1:25am

Quote:
says: gets fantasies of a movie -cough-or anime-cough- based on the Saiko D team's history.. released.. somewhere in the future.. when we all have kids

Well, Never say never Wink

Quote:
errr.. yea.. S2, here we come!

Yup! ...

edit:

I've updated team history.

IP Logged

xapexcivicx
Torque Veteran
ClubDori

ADA<3

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2005 at 3:17pm

Quote:
somewhere in the future.. when we all have kids

and ur kids will be saikoD members  Grin

I'm not a rockstar
&&
But I still tend to rockhard

IP Logged

Vendetta
Torque Veteran
ClubDori

Drift Alliance

Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2005 at 2:57pm

long read but nicely written  Cheesy

jhrfx  
IP Logged

kamkor
Global Moderator

Soul to Soul

Poland
Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2005 at 3:08pm

thx Smiley I wonder if i should mention copycats and people who have been copying us in demo in history, haha Grin I guess that better not to though Roll Eyes

IP Logged

kamkor
Global Moderator

Soul to Soul

Poland
Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2005 at 8:12am

History updated - June 19th 2005

IP Logged

kamkor
Global Moderator

Soul to Soul

Poland
Reply #11 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 4:06am

History updated in second post of this thread by Stan + a few things corrected by me.

IP Logged

xapexcivicx
Torque Veteran
ClubDori

ADA<3

Reply #12 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 8:20am

kamkor wrote on Jan 6th, 2005 at 2:14pm:
the meeting were a lot of fun, though it wasn't too smooth because of the lag

I disagree.  Embarrassed <3

I'm not a rockstar
&&
But I still tend to rockhard

IP Logged

kamkor
Global Moderator

Soul to Soul

Poland
Reply #13 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 12:10am

History update in 2nd post(thx to Stan for writing), some interesting news in there. Smiley

IP Logged

RafStar.
ClubDori

ADA Ballin'

Reply #14 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 12:58am

With that said, Saiko D Drift Competition 2005 is also in its planning stage, it is scheduled to be up and running at the end of this year. 

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Woot can't wait

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print