Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Live For Speed Torque

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to configure my new steering wheel in LFS? (Read 3915 times)
Diesel
Global Moderator

the Netherlands
How to configure my new steering wheel in LFS?
Mar 9th, 2005 at 3:50pm

Allright, if the wheel isnt installed yet, install it first with the provided CD-ROM, and follow the onscreen instructions or the instructions given by the manual.
When you're in LFS, go to options, then controllers, press the big button above called "wheel / js" and press the Axes / FF button on the center right. Then press the button below that says Recallibrate Axes, press and release both pedals and move the wheel from the complete left to the complete right. When you've done that, set the Callibration lock on by pressing on the button that says "off" above Recallibrate Axes, so it says "on".
Press the Throttle button in the center of the menu and then press the throttle pedal, and watch wich axis number on the right has a bar moving along with the pedal, click it. The throttle is now assigned to the right pedal axis.
Now do the same with the brake pedal.
When you've completed this, press one of the pedals and check if the red (brake) and green (throttle) bar on the bottom right of the screen go up with the pedals. If it goes down as you press the pedal, press the Invert button after throttle or brake if needed. This reverses the axis so it goes either up or down when you press the pedal.

Now the wheel axis, this is done in a similiar way. Press the steer button and then watch which bar on the right moves along with your wheel. Press that one. You've now assigned the steer function in LFS to the steering wheel axis. (There is most definately no need to invert the steering wheel axis).

Now it's time to assign your buttons wich is the easiest and final part of the configuration.
Press the Buttons 1 button in the same row where you found Axes / FF, press the right button after the function (for example shift up) and then press the button you wish to use for that function. There are more buttons in the Buttons 2 list.

Good luck, I know this sounds rather difficult but it isn't, it's just more difficult to explain than actually configuring is in fact. I think this way of configuration works much better than most (racing)games as you can decide what's gonna happen with your inputs. Most games are configurable quicker, but they decide for you.

Enjoy your wheel!

IP Logged

xapexcivicx
Torque Veteran
ClubDori

ADA<3

Re: How to configure my new steering wheel in LFS?
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 3:50am

For DFP users that wish to use 720 degree mode refer to this thread.
http://www.lfs-torque.net/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=workshop;action=display;nu...
make sure ur wheel is turned onto 900 degree mode when installing the drivers, then go to options, global device settings, and select the rotation you wish.  then launch LFS through the drivers by adding LFS.EXE if its not already there.  the FF will lock the wheel and make it rather tough to go past the lock point u specified, but u can still go past 900 (i have yet to got past it while driving)
hope this helps, and prevents more questions from being asked, but if u have problems, ask away.  Wink Grin

I'm not a rockstar
&&
But I still tend to rockhard

IP Logged

Vendetta
Torque Veteran
ClubDori

Drift Alliance

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 1:17am

Why thank you kind sirs  Cheesy

jhrfx  
IP Logged

ZeroDrifter
Pit Mechanic

S1 Licensed Drifter

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2005 at 2:21pm

You need this I beleive to make any logitech wheel usable for the pc or just dfp anf df:

http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs440enu.exe

- - - - - - l f s - t o r q u e . n e t - - - - - -&&...&&LICENSED LFS S1 DRIFTER&&Name: ZeroDrifter | Real: JC&&Car: XR Turbo | Team: [RDT]&&Re Amemiya Drift Team Leader

IP Logged

xapexcivicx
Torque Veteran
ClubDori

ADA<3

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2005 at 4:19am

not needed for DF or DFP....and look at my post, i already linked a thread with that in it  Wink Roll Eyes

I'm not a rockstar
&&

IP Logged

xapexcivicx
Torque Veteran
ClubDori

ADA<3

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2005 at 7:34pm

hum weird...the former link stopped working...i went on the site and got a new direct link
ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs460enu.exe

Edited:
its a new version, thats why its changed.  This is version 4.6 as opposed to the old 4.4 version.  Make sure to uninstall ur last drivers via "Add/Remove programs" on the control panel.

I'm not a rockstar
&&

IP Logged

Dusty
Local Hero

ADA Dusty ×

Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 11:55pm

Absolutely nothing is working for me....

...&&Apex Drift Association

IP Logged

Diesel
Global Moderator

the Netherlands
Reply #7 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 1:26am

What's the problem then?  Smiley

IP Logged

jibber
Global Moderator

Switzerland
Reply #8 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 1:35am

As he said, nothing is working... so the suggestion should be "fix everything!". Tongue
(sorry, had to) Roll Eyes

&&Proud member of THE SiDEWAYS CREW, Komodo Race Club and Screaming Donkey Racing

IP Logged

Diesel
Global Moderator

the Netherlands
Reply #9 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 1:51am

He has 1 problem and everything he tried is not working for him. I want to know what problem that is.
(Sorry, had to explain)  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print