Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Live For Speed Torque

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Making movies - a to do list (Read 10208 times)
Diesel
Global Moderator

the Netherlands
Re: Making movies - a to do list
Reply #15 - Oct 14th, 2005 at 9:45am

Vendetta wrote on Oct 14th, 2005 at 8:04am:
Hey sam what movie is that  Tongue

Something i have no time for to finish. (college, girlfriend, friends, band.)

IP Logged

xapexcivicx
Torque Veteran
ClubDori

ADA<3

Reply #16 - Oct 14th, 2005 at 9:55am

Vendetta wrote on Oct 14th, 2005 at 8:04am:
Hey sam what movie is that  Tongue

IGP obviously

I'm not a rockstar
&&
But I still tend to rockhard

IP Logged

SIL20L
Torque Rookie

Australia
Reply #17 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 6:28pm

Hey, i got myself Adobe Premier, and know how to use Windows Movie Maker very well, but i have a problem with saving my movies on Premier. The end up about 3-4 times the size of the original clip without ANY editing. Could you guys please tell me what thing you start with and how to save a movie properly. Thanks Smiley)

IP Logged

Diesel
Global Moderator

the Netherlands
Reply #18 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 1:35am

When you click on New Project, select the custom size tab, select video for windows and pick a resolution like 640x480.

IP Logged

Vendetta
Torque Veteran
ClubDori

Drift Alliance

Reply #19 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 1:44am

And also when doing that, go to video rendering and set it to none.

Then use Dr. Divx (try google) to compress it.

jhrfx  
IP Logged

SIL20L
Torque Rookie

Australia
Reply #20 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 7:33pm

Thanks for the GREAT help guys, but i have another problem. The DivX codec makes the video jumpy, as the microsoft one doesnt. and the divx one also puts a divx logo on it. Why doesnt it happen to you and what is my problems? I've done EXACTLY would you guys have suggested.  Embarrassed Undecided Cry

IP Logged

FujiWara
Motorsport Junkie

IDD - Initial D Drifters

Reply #21 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 3:09am

it could be that your computer is 2 slow Undecided

WWW AzNxToFuBoi  
IP Logged

Diesel
Global Moderator

the Netherlands
Reply #22 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 5:10am

When selecting a codec, click settings and make sure the Watermark / Logo option (if there is one) is disabled. It could also be that DivX automatically displays the watermark on DivX videos you play. Go to Start > Programs > DivX > DivX Codec > Decoder Configuration Utility, and disabled the watermark option.

Are you compressing with VirtualDub? Compressing in Divx with Premiere turns out crap so just compress with VirtualDub. Make sure  the framerate setting and quality setting is high enough.

IP Logged

SIL20L
Torque Rookie

Australia
Reply #23 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 9:29pm

Yep, i followed the exact intructions. I have the right everything according to what you guys have said. It was never jumpy at all before i formatted, but now since i formatted, everything on my pc is bad. I formatted because i my pc was full of junk. Now i install one program or none in fact except for Fraps and Virtual Dub and my movies are jumpy in Movie maker AND Premiere. GRRR stupid F'ing computers.

EDIT: I just cleared everthing and only have fraps, virtual dub, premiere and lfs on my pc. I easily captured a 100mb file from fraps of LFS. Compressed it on VirtualDub with the Cinepak Codec (dont tell me its bad) and when i goto play the movie it is smooooth as. When i place it in Movie maker or Premiere i get it all jumpy. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong? could it be bitrate? because my fps is set to 30 so that cant be the problem.
Thanks for your help once again

IP Logged

SIL20L
Torque Rookie

Australia
Reply #24 - Nov 16th, 2005 at 2:25pm

As the days ahve gone by ive kept trying to not make it jumpy. i have 4 computers and have tried on all of them filming, makng movies etc but i STILL get this friggin jumpy shit. There must be something your not telling me.

IP Logged

t0fuya
ClubDori

DRIFTLOLROFL

[ch12489][ch12522][ch12501][ch12488][ch22825][ch22269]
Reply #25 - Nov 16th, 2005 at 2:49pm

is it jumping BEFORE or AFTER you're re-encoding the video? because if its BEFORE you re-encode it (ie. the stuff that comes straight outta Fraps), then your hardware is having problems keeping up with recording and keeping a steady framerate

t0fuya  
IP Logged

SIL20L
Torque Rookie

Australia
Reply #26 - Nov 21st, 2005 at 6:11pm

nope, i film it in .5 of the speed in fraps (not jumpy) put it thru virtual dub encoding or whatever with almost all codecs available (not jumpy with any of them at all). So its not jumpy until.... i place it into windows movie maker or Adobe Premiere. as soon as i do that just skips. Sad((

IP Logged

t0fuya
ClubDori

DRIFTLOLROFL

[ch12489][ch12522][ch12501][ch12488][ch22825][ch22269]
Reply #27 - Nov 21st, 2005 at 6:47pm

SIL20L wrote on Nov 21st, 2005 at 6:11pm:
nope, i film it in .5 of the speed in fraps (not jumpy) put it thru virtual dub encoding or whatever with almost all codecs available (not jumpy with any of them at all). So its not jumpy until.... i place it into windows movie maker or Adobe Premiere. as soon as i do that just skips. Sad((

well the best way to do it is.

- record in fraps
- quickly to virtualdub if you wanan rip scenes up before merging them in another program
(note do NOT encode the video AT ALL if you are  doing the following step)
- import it into WMM/Premiere and work from there (ie. encode it)

t0fuya  
IP Logged

Diesel
Global Moderator

the Netherlands
Reply #28 - Nov 21st, 2005 at 9:42pm

SIL20L wrote on Nov 21st, 2005 at 6:11pm:

Does it skip when you export/render the video? If it just skips in the programs, it's because it's having trouble playing back the video realtime, but that doesnt always mean the outcome will be jumpy, because it can take all the time it needs to export it. Try that and tell me how the exported video is like.

IP Logged

SIL20L
Torque Rookie

Australia
Reply #29 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 3:19pm

thanks tofu i will try that. i was encoding it in virtual dub and then again in wmm. ill now see if it works! Smiley
edit: oh sorry diesel didnt see ya post kinda. umm i exported it many times but still no luck so im trying tofu's idea. thanks for all your guys helps Smiley
edit2: tofu i tried your idea, and nope its STILL JUMPY!. but only if i put it into wmm or premiere. if i leave it as it is its still .5 speed, but when i save it in wmm it goes fast just like if i had encoded on virtualdub. i dont see what can be my problem :S Sad and it really does not seem like a pc problem.

EDIT3: i tried also putting the raw file from LFS from fraps straight into wmm and saved it as a video, it was smooth, but was still in .5 mode. i then tried putting that file through virtualdub and it stayed .5 although i changed fps to 30 and didnt encode it again. its very weird i wish something would just work.

EDIT: PLEASE READ ALL 3 EDITS

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print