Send Topic Print
LFS Drift History? (Read 17891 times)
Itsuki
Local Hero

Slide or Die

Germany
LFS Drift History?
Aug 12th, 2007 at 1:13pm

i talked with motory about old times and came up with the idea of something like an lfs drifting history.
times, dates, which teams started when, what patch was out, what competition was running, something like that, everyone could post what he remembers.
could be interesting imo

what ya think?

NEW MSN, add me&&...&&We Like Our Cars Like We Like Our Woman. Clean, Stripped and 17 Years Old.
Itsuki 277820011  
IP Logged

kamkor
Global Moderator

Soul to Soul

Poland
Re: LFS Drift History?
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 1:17pm

Good idea. Definitelly would be hard to remember all for 1 person, but if all of us puts something in, a sweet "lfs drift-wiki" will be created.

Some dates could be simplified too, for example who remembers exact aS* start date? And many other teams that played a role back then.

IP Logged

Itsuki
Local Hero

Slide or Die

Germany
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 1:32pm

ive read some old PM's that i still got on racesimcentral, so i know for sure that SR (Slide Rite) started 01.2003 and IDA started 29.03.2003
but
on 09.03.2003 i left SR and joined a team called AS, i dont know if it was the akina speedstars that now are known as aS*, but as far as i remember, the leader was takumi

NEW MSN, add me&&...&&We Like Our Cars Like We Like Our Woman. Clean, Stripped and 17 Years Old.
Itsuki 277820011  
IP Logged

nizmo»
God Member

side by side

Canada
Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 1:53pm

good idea but i start playing lfs in 2006 i hink patch U or somthing started in demo drift team called Dream X leader was  240sx then i leave for non activity to a team called TZ (on dmeo ) then i buy s2 around august 2006 and leave tz then be runing demo solo and joined pure-D leader bluewind in april 2007 then got kiked cause  they become a private team and acpete peaple form poland only now i get recruted in dori.s at jun 2006 and strated in Conflict07 round 7 8th july and come second place VS pure-d bleuwind (lost control dfp's fault Tongue) 14-6 point and the round 8 C07 22july and lost semi final Saiko D stanley 11-9 point and come first place in Conflict07 solo team board whit 22point  Cool and that all  Undecided

sorry for my english  Lips Sealed

X-ellence Dori club

IP Logged

t0fuya
ClubDori

DRIFTLOLROFL

[ch12489][ch12522][ch12501][ch12488][ch22825][ch22269]
Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 2:22pm

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm... lol.

t0fuya  
IP Logged

Nuvolari
Administrator

Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 2:29pm

Itsuki wrote on Aug 12th, 2007 at 1:32pm:
ive read some old PM's that i still got on racesimcentral, so i know for sure that SR (Slide Rite) started 01.2003 and IDA started 29.03.2003
but
on 09.03.2003 i left SR and joined a team called AS, i dont know if it was the akina speedstars that now are known as aS*, but as far as i remember, the leader was takumi

Yes that was aS*.

IP Logged

Keisu-
Torque Champion

Team Falken

Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 12:04am

I started playing in november 2006 and i was on demo playing iwth my friend.started 6 teams and they all failed(Tongue) and then i got recruited to WG.It was a great team but failed apart then i joined SDT and it failed then DreamX but quit when i got s2.I got s2 in febuary and then me and kiyo started MD.it was on and off for a bit but it got back up for a nice...idk i forgot lol.I quit MD to look for other teams and thats when i got recruited to Pure D but then got kicked out for the same reason Nizmo did.Tongue.I went back to MD but then quit again cuz it was inactive.Now i have no team and still looking for another team kthxbai. Grin

&&...&&www.teamfalkenlfs.co.nr&&;...&&
F
alken Keisu.
&&
Co-Leader of Team Falken and Leader of Origin Drift Club
&&&&
Keisu-  
IP Logged

sr.Nyox
Torque Racer
ClubDori

The Netherlands
Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 1:02am

early 2002 I downloaded the demo, and after 1 year of playing the demo, 'a person' gave me his account. All I did was drag-racing. I had the honour to lead the most mighty and best performing drag-race team called Greddy, allong with Cracky, 2nd founder. My previous nickname was Type®
Team
(Greddy)
Type
®
and team
»
fused together in 2004. We named ourself team "
OldSkool
®
sickstars

renderphoto`s

[1]  [2] [3]

I had several worldrecords and I was un-beatable. I was almost imortal, and tried to take over teh int3rnetz! *caugh* sorry, uhm.. In the early days of LFS I always loved the way these drifting cars were going over the blackwood track, but personaly I didnt know how to do the same 'stuff' Then Hyvft (team BxR) showed me some simple technique`s and I was hooked!
Left the dragracing scene, and I went solo for a very very long time.

One day I met
[T
Z]
H.core
who showed me the finest of drifting the FZ50. I got into the driftscene a bit deeper, and decided to go in a team again, after a long period of solo. Things happend in TractionZero, and that made me the new for-man of this team, as the 3rd generation TZ. It didnt last long and I met some of the members of
//
dK
\\
and a few months later I joined this great team, formed by Kei also known as "Keitaro" who is in SaikoD now. I had some very nice moments and some great memories of that time, thanks for the expierence`s  guys/Kei
dK ftw!

In early 2007 I got to know some people in
Kei
Office
®
allot better, and found out that ther aggresively, and most fast way of drifting really got my interests. Also the wickedness suited me aswell, as we all know that this team is t3h most crazy-ass team the LFS-History has known ever. There for  I joined, on the last anniversary of this team. In the mainwhile we formed our club
K
ansei
Brotherhood
®
, and thats where I continue in the present of two thousand and seven!

IP Logged

Itsuki
Local Hero

Slide or Die

Germany
Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 1:22am

how can someone join/create 10teams in like 2 years??  Shocked

i remember 5.0 from the old demo days
some assholes in that team that always came to drift servers and started draggin oO

Itsuki 277820011  
IP Logged

sr.Nyox
Torque Racer
ClubDori

The Netherlands
Reply #9 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 1:32am

word!  5.o did not have the best rep, by drifters. Yet again, they had the empire on the dragracing scene!

IP Logged

kamkor
Global Moderator

Soul to Soul

Poland
Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 1:34am

Rather than writing stories I think we should focus on writing simple facts. First create simple wiki with those facts, then slowly evolve eveything so there is more information avaible for everyone to read.

IP Logged

Itsuki
Local Hero

Slide or Die

Germany
Reply #11 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 1:37am

kamkor wrote on Aug 13th, 2007 at 1:34am:
Rather than writing stories I think we should focus on writing simple facts. First create simple wiki with those facts, then slowly evolve eveything so there is more information avaible for everyone to read.

good idea
just a straight list of dates

ok guys
pls post
when did you start drifting?
do you remember which patch was out at that time?
any info on when the team ur joined/created started?

Itsuki 277820011  
IP Logged

kamkor
Global Moderator

Soul to Soul

Poland
Reply #12 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 1:55am

Itsuki wrote on Aug 13th, 2007 at 1:37am:
when did you start drifting?
do you remember which patch was out at that time?
any info on when the team ur joined/created started?

1. 2003 may started drifting, when I met TommyPL(Saiko D mechanic).
2. No idea which patch it was, one of the last before final S1 release
- P^D(Polish Drifters) - created at the end of 2003 with TommyPL - didn't last long.
- aS*(Akina Speedstars) - died in 2004, somewhere around march-april. Don't know when it was created.
: Leader : Takumi
: members: Tofuboi, Mutilate, Kyousai, Nakazato, Kamkor.. More that I don't remember anymore.
- Saiko D - formed on 5th of may 2004
: Leaders : KamkoR, Moregore. Moregore later replaced by Stanley^Carter(StaN)
: Members : Kyousai, Killer K, Wursti, TommyPL, Sai, Toni, Keitaro, Kaitea, Chris(ex-member), Keith/Dancer(ex-member),

I will write down event dates I remember and that I can find later.

IP Logged

Keisu-
Torque Champion

Team Falken

Reply #13 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 3:16am

when did you start drifting?:Started Drifting in November of 2006
do you remember which patch was out at that time?U maybe?
any info on when the team ur joined/created started? here we go
Drift Kings(i was on demio back then)
WanganGhost
Saleen Drift Team
Unknown Drifters
Manji Ghost
Rockstar Ghost
Mission Drift
Pure D
Touge Factory
Dream X
Tein(Demo nub back then)
Race Factory
Got Race?
Thats bout it and im teamless Tongue

&&...&&www.teamfalkenlfs.co.nr&&;...&&
F
alken Keisu.
&&
Co-Leader of Team Falken and Leader of Origin Drift Club
&&&&
Keisu-  
IP Logged

Gelazer

the Dean's office...

The Netherlands
Reply #14 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 5:25am

Lol, I tried to remember the formations and dooms of the various teams of the past. I just had to hAck my brain for it. .. What I figured out is that this LFS Drift History will be way too big if everyone writes a story. Even if everyone would only answer the basic questions mentioned above it would still get too much data.

I suggest you find a nice writer/historic to point out a few major developments within the scene. Who would want to read all the other stuff anyway? IMO it's best the categorize it a little.  Roll Eyes

I'd divide the LFS wiki in a few brief chapters like this:

COMPETITIONS

Some info about the very first public drift competition, the next competitions, the meanings of a competition, the way competitions are arranged and promoted, the way competitions evolved in time, who won them etc etc.

MEDIA

It would be nice to mention that the LFS Drift community also is a very creative community. Lot's of Picasso's (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro) and Quentin Tarantino's (Premiere, Vegas) on board and such. Maybe some examples of old and new versions of the 4 points mentioned next.

- Screenshots
- Skins /textures
- Renders
- Movies

TEAMS

Some info about the very first teams that got formed, why they got formed, how teams evolved in time, the characteristics of the 'better teams', why joining a team if fun / important and such..

RANKINGS

If there are any I'd tell something about rankings within drifting. Unlike racing the Drift community don't have hard numbers like laptimes. So maybe some info about ranking individual drifters and teams?

Well, don't know if this is of any help to you, but I wish you good luck. Looking forward in reading the LFS Drift Wiki Cheesy

Cheers,

Gelazer

»
Proud member of
K
a n s e i
B r o t h e r h o o d - Club » (c) 2007
&&...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print