Send Topic Print
doriftoKids club (Read 8125 times)
Rocco_
Torque Racer

Mars
Re: doriftoKids club
Reply #30 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 4:40am

@dan
isnt it clear ? , they wanna bulid up dk up , maybe cuz they miss the old times and still wanna live in them, like when dk was a huge team, well now they got the same energi but Žjust as a club, i dont really see a differance from dk as a team than a club.

Rocco_  
IP Logged

Keitaro
Torque Racer

Saiko^D member

Poland
Reply #31 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 5:50am

Geez i already writed about our goals there.. We are doing this for bring back memories, and have fun togeter 2-3 times in year. So why not call this "club"?

For me team i something founded for competitions, fight and so colled "reputation", practice sessions and sometimes meetings. Clubs are for friendly meetings, or for promote something. Sorry if u do not like my selection.

In this way i will use dK skins and tags only for club meetings. I belong to my beloved Saiko D now and this is another story for me. It has nothing to do with this club thing. Again so why not call those dK sessions club and do them proffesional?

- SDDC Team Drift Showoff 1st Runner Up as dK driver (2nd place)
- TeamD1: Conflict07 Round 1, 4, 5, 6 Champion
- TeamD1: Conflict07 Round 2 3rd Place
- TeamD1: Conflict07 Most Team Wins 1st

IP Logged

Dan
Danutopia

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #32 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:48am

Rocco_ wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 at 4:40am:
@dan
isnt it clear ? , they wanna bulid up dk up , maybe cuz they miss the old times and still wanna live in them, like when dk was a huge team, well now they got the same energi but Žjust as a club, i dont really see a differance from dk as a team than a club.

I didn't understand a single word you just said there... But I'll have a go at getting this right...

Why do you need a club to do this? Why not just do it... What I'm saying about the clubs is not just aimed at the DK club, but all the clubs in general. To me it just looks like people want to belong to something, you don't need to be on 2 teams/clubs to do this stuff?

...&&
IP Logged

Rocco_
Torque Racer

Mars
Reply #33 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 3:37pm

Dan wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:48am:
Rocco_ wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 at 4:40am:
@dan

I didn't understand a single word you just said there... But I'll have a go at getting this right...

Why do you need a club to do this? Why not just do it... What I'm saying about the clubs is not just aimed at the DK club, but all the clubs in general. To me it just looks like people want to belong to something, you don't need to be on 2 teams/clubs to do this stuff?

Well ok , i know my english isn't too good,
But let me try again,
I think the reason they wanted to start dk up again is simply to have fun and be reminded of the old days when they were all togrether in the team. As you said dan , they could just drift together without making the club, but when they're doing it like this , it probably feels better eh?  Wink

Rocco_  
IP Logged

Ponczak_
Weekend Racer

Bielsko-Biala , Poland
Reply #34 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 5:29pm

imo it's simple
you can't join to two teams in same time
you can join to team and club in same time  Grin  Wink

...&&...&&
Ponczak_  
IP Logged

Pigi
Racing Ace

[Got race?]Touge driver.

Estonia
Reply #35 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 6:37pm

@Dan for many DK's  this thingy at fornt of nickname  (
////
dk
\\\\
)
Its more than club they was long time together and now they came back to be together.
When u from other team u doesnt feel somthing when u from 1 team or club.
This skins and tags gives feeling that u have good friends and u are not alone in this strange lfs world ^^

Pigi  
IP Logged

Toni S13
Global Moderator

Finland
Reply #36 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 9:01pm

In my opinion, Dan has a point to a degree here. If a 'club' wears team skins, switch to different tags each time they meet on a server.. what is there left to say they are a club and not a team? Not pointing fingers to this dK club of course, I haven't really seen how you guys do it yet. Let's dig in to the history for a bit. Before in the good old days, there was really only one club, the KMC aka. Kakudo Manji Club. Now after KBH aka. Kansei Brotherhood kicked in, there has been like dozens of clubs that fit the category "team" more than a club. It's like people are thinking a club is somehow just like a team, just not serious and you can be in many clubs (teams?) at once, just switch skins and tags and off you go.

That's so wrong.

A club isn't supposed to be some kind of an excuse for being in several teams in the same time, it's supposed to be a filler for your primary team, IF you really so need it. The biggest thing to recognize a real club from a team, is how they present themself. A club, a real one, doesn't have a full size mandatory team tag. A club has something you can wear next to your team tag 24/7 and aren't required to change it to your full size "club tag" the moment a clubmate arrives on a server. You can just carry on with your business. A good example of a club "tag" is the cyan >> sign the KMC use. Using a small sign such as that might cause some trouble later on if your club sign isn't original enough, as a non-member would wear it without knowing it's actually a tag for your club so that is to be taken in to consideration while planning your club. Second thing are the team (club) skins. I think it would be ideal just to have a well designed and presented club sticker (large enough to notice) on your primary team skin. This would clearly let other people see that you are in a club, and not in a secondary team. If you wear a club tag like I described earlier, something small besides your formal team tag, a whole club skin would be perfectly fine too. My point in all this, is that your primary team SHOULD be represented 24/7.

Dans point on the whole need for a club holds water too. Do you really NEED to be in a club to meet up with old friends? Do you NEED to wear fifty million different tags and skins just to look 'hip'? Do you NEED to be in a team or a club in the first place? Do you NEED anything else, than just drive in this sim? It's like the whole point of LFS has been forgotten, the point of actually driving in it. Not just about trying to look "respectable" and cool to others. Just worry about your driving, tags and skins don't matter worth shit compared to your skill with your car.

IP Logged

Mic
Torque Rookie

Finland
Reply #37 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 9:45pm

Toni S13 wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 at 9:01pm:
In my opinion, Dan has a point to a degree here. If a 'club' wears team skins, switch to different tags each time they meet on a server.. what is there left to say they are a club and not a team? Not pointing fingers to this dK club of course, I haven't really seen how you guys do it yet. Let's dig in to the history for a bit. Before in the good old days, there was really only one club, the KMC aka. Kakudo Manji Club. Now after KBH aka. Kansei Brotherhood kicked in, there has been like dozens of clubs that fit the category "team" more than a club. It's like people are thinking a club is somehow just like a team, just not serious and you can be in many clubs (teams?) at once, just switch skins and tags and off you go.

That's so wrong.

A club isn't supposed to be some kind of an excuse for being in several teams in the same time, it's supposed to be a filler for your primary team, IF you really so need it. The biggest thing to recognize a real club from a team, is how they present themself. A club, a real one, doesn't have a full size mandatory team tag. A club has something you can wear next to your team tag 24/7 and aren't required to change it to your full size "club tag" the moment a clubmate arrives on a server. You can just carry on with your business. A good example of a club "tag" is the cyan >> sign the KMC use. Using a small sign such as that might cause some trouble later on if your club sign isn't original enough, as a non-member would wear it without knowing it's actually a tag for your club so that is to be taken in to consideration while planning your club. Second thing are the team (club) skins. I think it would be ideal just to have a well designed and presented club sticker (large enough to notice) on your primary team skin. This would clearly let other people see that you are in a club, and not in a secondary team. If you wear a club tag like I described earlier, something small besides your formal team tag, a whole club skin would be perfectly fine too. My point in all this, is that your primary team SHOULD be represented 24/7.

Dans point on the whole need for a club holds water too. Do you really NEED to be in a club to meet up with old friends? Do you NEED to wear fifty million different tags and skins just to look 'hip'? Do you NEED to be in a team or a club in the first place? Do you NEED anything else, than just drive in this sim? It's like the whole point of LFS has been forgotten, the point of actually driving in it. Not just about trying to look "respectable" and cool to others. Just worry about your driving, tags and skins don't matter worth shit compared to your skill with your car.

Sorry if it's just me or what, but after I read you'r post I wasnt that sure what you ment  Huh Like first you wrote a little book about how club skin's and tag's are so important, and after that you'r saying that "Tag's and skin's wont matter a shit compared to your driving"...

Maby I got you'r post all wrong, I don't know Roll Eyes

...&&...&&
IP Logged

Toni S13
Global Moderator

Finland
Reply #38 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:12pm

IP Logged

Moonclaw
Pit Mechanic

Finland
Reply #39 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:13pm

IP Logged

[DA] Waider
Torque Champion

[ch39340][ch21147][c
h12398][ch35328][ch3
3865]

Furansu
Reply #40 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:26pm

Quote:
lol Naru.Good to see a girl playing LFS!

Its not a girl.

It's funny how people think to know all about everything....

Grin Someone take KMC as an exemple for his "club holy bible" but its failure since there is a contradiction in his famous theory. KMC use special skins and not just a logo....

Why not just let people do what they want, if some want to be in 25 club so let them.

WWW [DA] Waider Waider  
IP Logged

Keitaro
Torque Racer

Saiko^D member

Poland
Reply #41 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:39pm

Waider >> Naru is a girl.

If u look on this in that way i agree with Toni. But i don't really care what does people do with their "clubs".

- SDDC Team Drift Showoff 1st Runner Up as dK driver (2nd place)
- TeamD1: Conflict07 Round 1, 4, 5, 6 Champion
- TeamD1: Conflict07 Round 2 3rd Place
- TeamD1: Conflict07 Most Team Wins 1st

IP Logged

Toni S13
Global Moderator

Finland
Reply #42 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:46pm

Everyone should do what they personally want to. I just expressed my thought of how a club would be run, if it was run by me.

IP Logged

[DA] Waider
Torque Champion

[ch39340][ch21147][c
h12398][ch35328][ch3
3865]

Furansu
Reply #43 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 11:20pm

Keitaro wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:39pm:
Waider >> Naru is a girl.

Again no. We're on the same car forum, I've seen his face!

WWW [DA] Waider Waider  
IP Logged

sr.Nyox
Torque Racer
ClubDori

The Netherlands
Reply #44 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 1:27am

Toni S13 wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:46pm:
.... if it was run by me.

Uh.. dont say that! Admin-rights are hard for you to handle allready~~  Roll Eyes

I love my club(s), and still do. Some people dont see the differences between a team or club.
But hey, who cares, get over it! dK
club
is a great initiative!..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print