Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Live For Speed Torque

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New concurent for the G25 (fanatec/porsche wheel) (Read 3485 times)
-Dan
Weekend Racer

Falken

Somerset, UK
Re: New concurent for the G25 (fanatec/porsche whe
Reply #15 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 2:18am

Don't buy fanatec products... i had the speedster 2 and the shift paddles broke after 1 week. Very poor quality.  Undecided

IP Logged

[DA] Waider
Torque Champion

[ch39340][ch21147][c
h12398][ch35328][ch3
3865]

Furansu
Re: New concurent for the G25 (fanatec/porsche whe
Reply #16 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 6:34am

Quote:
Don't buy fanatec products... i had the speedster 2 and the shift paddles broke after 1 week. Very poor quality.  Undecided

So its a 300€ trap

WWW [DA] Waider Waider  
IP Logged

JTuned
Ex Member

Re: New concurent for the G25 (fanatec/porsche wheel)
Reply #17 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 1:21am

caugh *crap* caugh

IP Logged

Nuvolari
Administrator

Re: New concurent for the G25 (fanatec/porsche wheel)
Reply #18 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 3:57am

I beta tested the Fanatec Porsche wheel. Although the wheel itself has nice FFB, good rotation and smoothness, and lots of buttons, it has a centering problem (slightly off centre, maybe one or two degrees),  which should be fixed in the public release, the pedals are totally crap (should be redesigned for the public release), and the shifter was complete rubbish (should be redesigned for the public release).

I still have the prototype here but I probably won't use it. The G25 is still probably the better wheel, even despite the changes and fixes to the Fanatec product.

Fanatec did a good job on the wheel, but seemed to not understand the needs of sim racers. One gets the feeling that they can't take their eye of the console market long enough to realise their products shortcomings for real sim racing. Still, I think they may create a superior wheel to Logitech someday in the not too distant future.

* If anyone in Australia would like to buy the prototype wheel from me, please let me know. You can have it at a very good price.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print