Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Live For Speed Torque

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Logitech Formula Force EX ? (Read 2384 times)
C1Rob
Torque Rookie

SILENT corp.   (S corp.)

The Netherlands
Logitech Formula Force EX ?
Nov 11th, 2008 at 5:21am

Hey everyone,

Was just wondering if you guys know anything about this wheel (the Logitech Formula Force EX). Im willing to buy a wheel but dont have the real budget to do so (no more than 70 euros). Looked around some, watched some on youtube but still dont know. I know everyone is gonna say save up and buy a g20 or a dfp or momo or w/e but thats just not possible seeing I actually have other stuff to buy aswell(inlcuding a drivers license and a car...)

Anyone use it? Anyone know about it? Please give me some advice and some other suggestions are apreciated aswell.

thanks Cheesy

Edit: 42 euros for the Trust GM-3500R Force Feedback Steering Wheel Anything know about it? Should have more degrees of turning than the driving force...

...&&-->The virtual time attack, rally, and drifting corporation SILENT corp.<--&&http://www.lfsworld.net/isonline.C1Rob

IP Logged

Toni S13
Global Moderator

Finland
Re: Logitech Formula Force EX ?
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 7:00am

I would say best option for you would be to buy a used DFP. That Trust wheel (never even heard..) looks like a childrens toy rather than a PC steering wheel.

IP Logged

C1Rob
Torque Rookie

SILENT corp.   (S corp.)

The Netherlands
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 7:19am

Toni S13 wrote on Nov 11th, 2008 at 7:00am:
I would say best option for you would be to buy a used DFP. That Trust wheel (never even heard..) looks like a childrens toy rather than a PC steering wheel.

Thanks for the feedback Smiley Im not to sure about buying used stuff. Some things are ok, but electronics and stuff arent really on the list of things to buy. There's usually a reason they want to get rid of for example a dfp... Why? its not like it costs them to much money or something...

Anyways, thanks for the advice Wink

Any other feedback from anyone?

...&&-->The virtual time attack, rally, and drifting corporation SILENT corp.<--&&http://www.lfsworld.net/isonline.C1Rob

IP Logged

Stanley Carter
Administrator

Saiko D Drifter

Malaysia
Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 9:00pm

C1Rob wrote on Nov 11th, 2008 at 7:19am:
Any other feedback from anyone?

I'd say save more and buy a much better wheel (a momo force instead) later.  No point buying a wheel that doesn't seem promising and regret later.  If I were you, I'd keep playing with Mouse and start saving till I have enough money for Logitech G25!  Now that's a real wheel you have to buy.

...&&Feel the Groove, Saiko D Power...&&...
WWW Stanley Carter 105629652 wongtiingyew  
IP Logged

C1Rob
Torque Rookie

SILENT corp.   (S corp.)

The Netherlands
Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 10:25pm

" I know everyone is gonna say save up and buy a g20 or a dfp or momo or w/e but thats just not possible seeing I actually have other stuff to buy aswell(inlcuding a drivers license and a car...)"

Roll Eyes

Anyways, its ordered. Some people told me its good if you dont smash it to hard etc. Ill just take my bets on it. Its just to have, and im not going to pay over 200 euros just to have fun  Undecided Thanks anyways Smiley

Ill post about it here when i get it.

IP Logged

Toni S13
Global Moderator

Finland
Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 12:04am

Seeing you already had your mind set on the Force EX, it's not like our opinions would have made any difference in any case. Wink

It is true what Stan says though. The G25 is worth each and every penny that it costs. It is a shame that there are no competitors for it that would lower the price, but that's the cruel world we live in. If only thing you need from a wheel is analog control, some 180-degree arcade hardware will surely suit your needs, but if you have even a bit of challenge seeking simulator enthusiast in you, you will go for the G25 sooner or later.

People sell lots of used DFP's these days as they upgrade to the G25, and most of the DFP's have only been used in the 180-degree mode as it is quite a handful on higher degrees. That's the best bargain for a wheel that I could think of. Also, a brand new DFP would have been only 40 euros more than the Force EX. You will not even be getting one full tank of gasoline with that cash when you will receive your drivers license and car, keep that in mind.

Most of us have gone through several wheels in our years of LFS driving, so we do know what we are on about when talking about this subject. Smiley

IP Logged

C1Rob
Torque Rookie

SILENT corp.   (S corp.)

The Netherlands
Reply #6 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 12:34am

No no dont get me wrong i really really do appreciate the feedback. Its just that i dont really want to spend 1/5th of the money of my drivers license on a pc wheel if you know what i mean.

The DFP is nice and i actually decided to look around some for a second hand one but i found only a couple which were to far away from me  Undecided

I also thought, seeing this wheel is also logitech and reading some reviews on the rest of the internetz i thought why not. For 65 euros its good for now. Next march ill have a job again so i can buy something better then if necessary. Its just that its gonna be my first wheel for the pc and then going straight to the cream of the crop...

Anyways, thanks Cheesy

Review comming soon when i get it Cheesy

IP Logged

Toni S13
Global Moderator

Finland
Reply #7 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 1:04am

Yep, surely there are a lot worse first wheels than the Force EX. It has force feedback atleast, which is a requirement for any kind of fun in LFS. Anything better just requires opening up the wallet a tad more. Smiley

You'll have a LOT more fun with a FFB wheel (of any kind) than any other controller, trust me on this one.

IP Logged

C1Rob
Torque Rookie

SILENT corp.   (S corp.)

The Netherlands
Reply #8 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 2:34am

Well for the people that want to know, I got the wheel yesterday.

So far im loving it!

Its a good wheel for grip racing but i still need alot of practice if i want to drift with it Tongue.

Anyways, cant really say much though as I have only played about an hour and a half with it so far :\

I played some LFS in with it, and as  I said before, gripping is really nice but drifting is a little harder. I think its because its more of a f1/dtm/other race car style wheel.

I seriously(and i really mean seriously) love playing the Netkar Pro demo with it. Its amazing.

Anyways, im going to practice some more and would like to hear from more people owning one Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print