Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Live For Speed Torque

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
New simulator on the way: Assetto Corsa (Read 13849 times)
Toni S13
Global Moderator

Finland
Re: New simulator on the way: Assetto Corsa
Reply #150 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 3:40am

Green hell announced! Worlds first laser scanned Nordschleife! Cheesy
http://www.assettocorsa.net/nurburgring-news-en/

I also got myself a present yesterday, these totally transformed driving for me. Clutch and brake feel exactly like the real thing, ripping the F40 is simulation heaven now.

IP Logged

Nuvolari
Administrator

Reply #151 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 7:42am

Good news!

Nice gear too mate, that looks solid and very high quality.

IP Logged

Toni S13
Global Moderator

Finland
Reply #152 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 8:00am

They're the Clubsport V2's, I can recommend them 100%

Load cell brake especially is AMAZING. Rather than braking with the travel of the pedal against a linear spring, you brake with the force of your muscle against the load cell and there's a little oil filled damper acting like a hydraulic master cylinder. There's even a little vibrating ABS actuator motor on the brake pedal, which is a nice touch.

Spent a few hours comparing the pedals in AC and LFS today, drifted the E30 for a while and then jumped in to LFS, pedals worked wonderfully in both sims.

LFS still certainly has that superbly consistent FFB, but I think it's a bit TOO clean in the execution of the feedback compared to real life drifting, it's something AC does somewhat more realistically. I certainly won't abandon LFS completely, even if AC is sucking up 99% of my current sim time. I do hope Scawen will start hauling ass sooner rather than later and push that new tire model out and then really start updating the features.

IP Logged

Nuvolari
Administrator

Reply #153 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 11:49am

Yes, LFS still has the best feel through the steering wheel, and also I think the car geometry/physics is the best out there currently, though still not quite hitting the mark of 'real life physics'. The tyres in LFS are it's weakest point IMO (the physics - I mean how they wear and heat especially). LFS tyre model is a little too clever - the more accurate and complex you make your tyre physics, the more issues you have to get perfect for the whole system to work together.
I know for certain that Eric has done a lot of work since the last official release, and so LFS should look better than before and there will be more content. These days I am more looking forward to what LFS might become than what it currently is. We could say that Assetto Corsa is the next natural evolution from Netkar Pro, and in the same way I eagerly anticipate what Scawen's baby might grow into one day.

IP Logged

Toni S13
Global Moderator

Finland
Reply #154 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 5:09pm

That's good to know that there's new content in the pipeline. Then again I'm still a firm believer in the opinion that modding would be the best thing for LFS longevity, there's so much talent out in the sim racing community as a whole, simply denying them dead on isn't good. Even if the RF Nordschleife mod is hillarious outdated, I'd be the happiest man ever to have that in LFS. Or even the Akina touge track, that'd be fantastic. *dreams*

That's where AC will prosper once the mod tools are released, I'm planning on adding a few cars (R32, AE86, FC) myself if no one else gets to doing them.

IP Logged

Nuvolari
Administrator

Reply #155 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 5:53pm

Toni S13 wrote on Dec 25th, 2013 at 5:09pm:
Even if the RF Nordschleife mod is hillarious outdated, I'd be the happiest man ever to have that in LFS. Or even the Akina touge track, that'd be fantastic. *dreams*

That's where AC will prosper once the mod tools are released, I'm planning on adding a few cars (R32, AE86, FC) myself if no one else gets to doing them.
I'm with you 100% on all those points.

IP Logged

Nuvolari
Administrator

Reply #156 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 1:52am

I just earned my silver medal for the Ferrari 599XX special event. Only got bronze for the F40 event so far.  Cool

IP Logged

Toni S13
Global Moderator

Finland
Reply #157 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 2:27am

Nice, haven't tried the challenges yet myself. Gave the E92 drift spec a quick bash at Silverstone today.

IP Logged

Nuvolari
Administrator

Reply #158 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 6:34pm

Very nice Smiley

IP Logged

Nuvolari
Administrator

Reply #159 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 9:24pm

I got my first gold medal performance (in the E92 Drift, of all cars). I smashed the gold medal time by almost two seconds on my very first lap!
I guess the Old Man is not quite washed up yet, eh-heh  Grin

IP Logged

Nathan
Racing Ace

England
Reply #160 - Dec 28th, 2013 at 9:13am

Those pedals look neat. I have not tried drifting in Asetto yet, I love the old Lotus challenge though, can't get enough of driving it Smiley

NCJ

IP Logged

Toni S13
Global Moderator

Finland
Reply #161 - Dec 29th, 2013 at 1:05pm

First mod track is out, even before the dev tools have been released.
http://junk.kegetys.fi/ac_joux_plane12.zip

Recorded a crappy drift clip, only had an hour to learn it. More to come later, you can count on that. Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrGVkRrrCFU

It's funny, I've been dreaming of a simple mountain track conversion like this in LFS for years and years, and we already got one for AC. Just imagine once the floodgates open and the official mod tools are released. The future is bright, my friends.

IP Logged

Nuvolari
Administrator

Reply #162 - Dec 29th, 2013 at 10:04pm

I might as well open the forum then lol.

AC Drift

^click

IP Logged

Nuvolari
Administrator

Reply #163 - Dec 30th, 2013 at 12:29am

Toni S13 wrote on Dec 29th, 2013 at 1:05pm:
It's funny, I've been dreaming of a simple mountain track conversion like this in LFS for years and years, and we already got one for AC. Just imagine once the floodgates open and the official mod tools are released. The future is bright, my friends.

This looks very promising indeed.

IP Logged

Nuvolari
Administrator

Reply #164 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 11:33am

I'm still loving the 599XX....
http://vimeo.com/83402741

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print